The Union Advantage
Become a UNION Industrial, HVAC,
or Pipeline Gas Distribution Signatory Contractor!
Pipefitters Local 597 uses collective bargaining agreements to negotiate with our business partner, The Mechanical Contractor Association of Chicago (MCA). Through negotiations we reach agreements on wages, working conditions, training, health and safety, and dispute mechanisms. Throughout our 125 years of bargaining with MCA Chicago. We value our positive working relationship with our business partners and end users.
Our five- year UA apprenticeship program makes our Pipefitters, Welders, HVAC Service Techs, and Pipeline Gas Distribution Pipefitters the best in the industry. We have premier Training Facilities and training, so your projects are done safely and cost effectively. Continuous education and training are essential to our industry and the industry’s demands.
Benefits of Becoming a Signatory Contractor:
- Affiliated Building Trades, HVAC and Pipeline Gas Distribution contractors can access new markets and expand to meet current customers’ needs.
- Becoming a Pipefitters Local 597 Contract can be a seamless transition that includes:
Access to qualified, licensed journeyman and foremen.
- No-hassle professional benefits administration.
- Mediation, not confrontation, no strikes, or lockouts.
- Helping workers develop the complex skills and abilities needed in the Building Trades, HVAC, and Pipeline Gas Distribution construction industry.
- Educating workers through diversified on-the-job training and related technical classroom instructions.
- Access to new markets while maintaining your current market.
- Health, Dental, and Vision Coverage.
Together we can provide the most productive and safest labor/management team in the construction industry. Our good relationship is a promise to end users that their work will be completed the way they want it-professionally timely and within budget.
Please click on this link to review the current breakdown in wages for union members.
Contact one of our Illinois Pipe Trades Assoc. Organizers below for more information on how to join!
|300 N. Vine Street, #1351
||PO Box 748
|New Lenox, IL 60451
||Cedar Lake, IN 46303