The Pipefitters Apprenticeship program is a 5-year program. Whether you choose to apply for the Building Trades division (1400 class hours) or the HVAC Service Program (1100 classroom hours).
How to apply:
Anyone interested in applying to the apprenticeship must attend one of the “Applications Days” held by the Training Center located in Mokena, IL.
Individuals interested in applying to Local Union 597’s apprenticeship program can find information by visiting www.pftf597.org. If you have any questions regarding the process, please contact the Admissions Director, Adam Sutter at the Training Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or 708-326-9240.
It is important to check the application availability on the First Wednesday of the month.
Click here to read and review the reservation process for all new applicants
- Registration will be open on the FIRST Wednesday of the month. (Online Registration Only)
- Applications will be administered on the SECOND Wednesday of the month. (By appointment Only)
Basic Tool Kit 1st Year Service Apprentice
- 8” adjustable wrench
- 10” adjustable wrench
- Groove joint pliers
- Small flat screwdriver
- Large flat screwdriver
- Phillips screwdriver
- ¼” nut driver
- 5/16” nut driver
- Long nose pliers
- Diagonal electrician’s pliers
- 4-way service valve stem wrench
- Service gauges and hose set
- Torpedo Level
- 25ft Tape rule
- Canvas “Bucket Boss” or similar tool pouch
- 5-gallon bucket