What you’ll see on your ballot:
The proposed amendment would add a new section to the Bill of Rights Article of the Illinois Constitution that would guarantee workers the fundamental right to organize and to bargain collectively and to negotiate wages, hours, and working conditions, and to promote their economic welfare and safety at work. It would also prohibit from being passed any law that interferes with, negates, or diminishes the right of employees to organize and bargain collectively over their wages, hours, and other terms and conditions of employment and workplace safety. At the general election to be held on November 8, 2022, you will be called upon to decide whether the proposed amendment should become part of the Illinois Constitution.
This November Workers are on the ballot in Illinois.
- The Workers’ Rights Amendment will update the Illinois constitution to guarantee every Illinoisan has the right to join together with other workers to negotiate for better pay, improved benefits, and safe working conditions.
Our Topline Message.
- The Workers’ Rights Amendment helps us build an economy that works for every Illinoisan. It helps families by guaranteeing workers’ rights to join together to negotiate for raises, lifting worker pay to help deal with rising costs, and helps create good-paying jobs available to all workers.
- The Workers’ Rights Amendment protects all Illinoisans, on the job and off. It ensures workers can speak out about dangerous situations that pull all Illinoisans at risk without fear of retaliation from their employer.
- The Workers’ Rights Amendment strengthens our communities by protecting first responders like nurses, firefighters, and EMTs, giving the people who put their lives on the line to protect us the training and safety equipment they need to get home safely each day.
The Workers’ Rights Amendment helps build an economy that works for every Illinoisan.
- Helping working people get raises to deal with rising costs: The Workers’ Rights Amendment puts more money in the pockets of working families by guaranteeing workers’ rights to join together to negotiate for pay raises, lifting worker pay to help deal with rising costs.
- Creating great jobs for Illinoisans with college degrees: The Workers’ Rights Amendment will increase the number of good-paying jobs available to workers without a college degree, giving every Illinoisan access to comfortable, middle-class life.
- Stopping pay cuts that make CEOs richer: The Workers’ Rights Amendment protects against laws passed in other states where CEOs make 360 times the average worker, and families make $8,000 less on average.
The Workers’ Rights Amendment protects all Illinoisans, on the job and off.
- From food safety concerns to shoddy construction, when workers are empowered to call out problems, it keeps us all safer. The Workers’ Rights Amendment ensures workers can speak out about dangerous situations that pull all Illinoisans at risk without fear or retaliation from the employer.
- The Workers’ Right Amendment protects the rights of workers to join together to bargain for safer working conditions collectively.
For more information and ways to get involved. Please visit https://workersrights.com/